Wordless


Reaching-
She looked so lonely sitting alone on the bench on the water front. Her frame was slight and delicate, her hair was long and beautiful. I watched her quietly as I was walking along the pier; I had intended to pass her and keep on my way, but as I drew closer I heard her sigh. A sigh so full of raw emotion, a sigh that's heard only after the greatest times of despair. I felt my heart reach out to her and I turned quietly to make my way over to her.

Hoping-
I didn't notice I had company until she was sitting on the bench next to me. She had short hair that was... I couldn't really put my finger on it. It was such a strange color. Blond, red, brown? I really couldn't say, but it was at least a mixture of all of those. She sat on the bench looking out onto the water without looking my way or saying anything. It was a little awkward with her there, but the company was nice too.

Breathless-
She was beautiful. I only glanced at her out of the corner of my eye, but she was like a porcelain doll. Her skin was smooth, and it looked soft. Her eyes were brown and far away. I knew she'd noticed me, however, her thoughts preoccupied her far more than my being there. I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything; in my mind, I was there for her.

Unsure-
Somehow it felt like she was trying to reach out to me. She was looking out at the ocean, and to any stranger it may have looked like we were two friends in completely different worlds of our own. She sat leaning forward with her arms resting on her legs and her neck stretched out over her lap. She was watching the glistening water intently while the light breeze played with her short hair. Her eyes reminded me of deep water- a deep blue.

Stolen-
I knew I could sit there all night with her if the occasion merited it. I wondered what the trouble was.

Trusting-
I'd come here because of many problems back home. My life was a mess, and I was tired of the noise, the stress. I had run away to this haven for peace, and I'd found her.

Knowing-
Something told me it was problems at home. For some reason I was sure of it. Was there anything I could do to help?

Feeling-
I didn't know her name, I didn't know where she was from, but it felt like I'd known her forever. I wanted to hold her hand.

Breaking-
I didn't think before I moved. Suddenly my hand was on hers, but my eyes were still trained on the water. I felt my face flush and I swallowed hard. Everything will be alright, I thought.

Grateful-
I felt tears in my eyes as her hand touched mine, and I squeezed back. Thank you.

Surrender-
I'll be here forever, just for you.

-------

I guess this can be taken in a few different ways. It could be two sides of the same girl, it could be two girls who become fast friends, or it could be two girls falling in love. Take it as you will, it is left open for interpretation. Just a little emotional piece.

Comments

Popular Posts