A Poem
I would like to write poetry
A gift I often seek
One that I do not own
But your patience I do beseech
For here in short rhyming prose
These thoughts, these words
Though worn with use
I dare to compose
Despite all the repetition
Despite originality's death
I will forget my inhibitions
And here my words I will set
For who does not write?
For who does not express?
Too soon we forget we're talking
Too soon we start to ignore
Each thing has its story
The rock, the wall, the toe
But no voice to tell it
They depend on us, so...
The rock lives in the ground
Sees everything from below
It's hardly waiting to be found
No hurry, it has no where to go
The wall is one of many
Boxing a house tightly in
A boy lives here named Lenny
Truth be told, he's quite thin
Mr. Toe lives on a foot
He's from a family of five
His favorite ground is soot
For it makes him feel more alive
See how their stories come?
See how easily they're sung?
Without us how would they speak?
Without us, there'd be not a peep
So my dear friends, be it known
That our voice is everything's voice
Inanimate or animate without tone
It merely is a matter of choice
And an imagination well grown.
Taa taa
A gift I often seek
One that I do not own
But your patience I do beseech
For here in short rhyming prose
These thoughts, these words
Though worn with use
I dare to compose
Despite all the repetition
Despite originality's death
I will forget my inhibitions
And here my words I will set
For who does not write?
For who does not express?
Too soon we forget we're talking
Too soon we start to ignore
Each thing has its story
The rock, the wall, the toe
But no voice to tell it
They depend on us, so...
The rock lives in the ground
Sees everything from below
It's hardly waiting to be found
No hurry, it has no where to go
The wall is one of many
Boxing a house tightly in
A boy lives here named Lenny
Truth be told, he's quite thin
Mr. Toe lives on a foot
He's from a family of five
His favorite ground is soot
For it makes him feel more alive
See how their stories come?
See how easily they're sung?
Without us how would they speak?
Without us, there'd be not a peep
So my dear friends, be it known
That our voice is everything's voice
Inanimate or animate without tone
It merely is a matter of choice
And an imagination well grown.
Taa taa


Comments
Post a Comment