Happiness Comes

Rhythm is not my forté
Rhyming words die at my hand
Yet here I am looking Norte
Calling muses to barren land

'Tis your heart which urges me
Its quivering hesitance
I wish to soothe its pain with tea
And ever loving resonance

Your smile is so wonderful
Your kindness is unique
To wrap your heart in comfort wool
As you tremble under skies so bleak

I hold out my hand to you
As you have always done for me
Showing in turn what is long due
So your heart, of pain, be free

Whisper your soul's confessions
On mine ears only will they fall
Voice all of your heart's questions
I will do what I can to enthrall

Through tumultuous waters
Toward a brighter horizon
I guard your heart in a gold coffer
Away from all which wizens

And know that once upon the shores
Your happiness shall be true
Let fly your dreams from closed drawers
And live long among the gleeful few

Comments

Popular Posts