Not Real
Last night I had an odd dream. Have you ever wished that you could meet someone who you know you can't ever meet? Last night I talked to someone I have always admired, even if my feelings may be misplaced. In my dream I could feel his hand around my wrist and I could hear his voice. I knew he wasn't real and I told him in the dream. Asking him who he was really. He never answered. He shook his head asking me what I was talking about. Of course he was real, of course he was who he appeared to be; but I could tell that he knew as well as I did that this reality wouldn't last. Eventually he pulled away into an adjacent room and I chased him only to find that he'd disappeared. I was afraid I had caused him to vanish with my doubts and questions. The moment before I was about to break down, he reappeared offering me his hand and coming in close.
I woke up soon after with a heavy dose of longing weighing down on my chest. One day I'll meet him. One day.
I woke up soon after with a heavy dose of longing weighing down on my chest. One day I'll meet him. One day.


Comments
Post a Comment