Dear Doctor

Dear Doctor,
I agree, bow ties are most definitely cool.
Of course, I agree with all your styles over the years. Yes, I even agree that your fro was pretty cool, too. To be honest, eccentricity is just a good thing in general.
So, I have a matter of utmost importance to address, and that is what spurred my decision to write you a letter; you don't even know who I am. You've never seen my face, you don't know my name (well, you might if you cared to read the return address on the envelope this letter arrived to you in). However, I know you. I know your story, and I know the kind of man you have been and the kind of man you will always be: you are the man who will always face the worst times with his best suit on, and you'll never ever let us down. It's not blind faith that's talking, no. That would be foolish and would only make the weight on your shoulders greater. No Doctor, you'll never let us down because that's what you do. You're one man saving many worlds. Not only once, not only ten times, but tens of thousands times over.
You may not believe it of yourself, but you have done what was needed to be done, and you did it always. Death is something that comes to claim us all one day, and you cannot hold yourself responsible for the lives lost in the past. You better than anyone should know that time waits for no man, not even you. As such, life waits for no man, caters to no man. Life comes, life ends, life goes on being. And thanks to you and your tremendous efforts that invariably yield stupendous results that would be otherwise impossible, the world is a better place, and life is something even more precious. Why? Because if you, an old alien the last of his kind having grown infinitely old and just as infinitely kind, fight tooth and claw to save it, how much more passionately should we fight for ourselves?
I can honestly say that you have opened my eyes to a new way of seeing life. You have taught me to see every life as something special. Alien or human, it makes no difference.
And Doctor? If ever you find that your worst enemy is yourself, I beg that you read this letter again, and if you ever need reassurance, you will always find it here. It isn't what you haven't done, Doctor. It's what you always do. You have always done the best you can, and you always will. Because that's just who you are. Your name may be a mystery to all but yourself and one more, but your title suits you well: You are The Doctor. The man who cares, nurtures, heals and fights to keep lives. You are the man who has saved us all. It is not only myself who knows this is true, Doctor. You need only look around you, look very closely just out of the corner of your eye beyond what you normally can't see and we're there. We're right there with you cheering you on. Remember Doctor, lonely as you are, you're never really alone.

P.S.
I've just made fresh brownies today; you're more than welcome to drop by and have some with me tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to seeing you.

Your friend, always.

Comments

  1. It just now became apparent to me xD perhaps you should find a new hobby :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts