Play Your Ukelele (Rant)
I debated posting this to my private blog. I'm not even sure I want to put it here.
I'm so tired of the same things over and over and over. Obviously I'm part of the problem. And I think I know why.
The word. Jesus Christ. We really need to change the stupid term. "Feminism" sounds like a disease or some kind of exclusive group mentality. Like a women's club, no men allowed.
I'm erasing it from my vocabulary. This is ridiculous. As soon as I tell anyone that I ascribe to feminism I'm immediately attacked, teased or put down. The word itself has so many negatives associated with it that it just invites aggression. There's no point in continuing the trend. From now on I'm just a person who likes to stand up for gender equality. A person who supports equality and mutual respect. Who stands up for people to be treated like people. Flaws and all.
I'm done with feeling like an idiot and the worst person for bringing up a subject that people hate. And I'm done with being labelled. I'm done with ostracising myself with one word.
So I'll just go buy a ukelele and be like Amanda Palmer.
I'm so tired of the same things over and over and over. Obviously I'm part of the problem. And I think I know why.
The word. Jesus Christ. We really need to change the stupid term. "Feminism" sounds like a disease or some kind of exclusive group mentality. Like a women's club, no men allowed.
I'm erasing it from my vocabulary. This is ridiculous. As soon as I tell anyone that I ascribe to feminism I'm immediately attacked, teased or put down. The word itself has so many negatives associated with it that it just invites aggression. There's no point in continuing the trend. From now on I'm just a person who likes to stand up for gender equality. A person who supports equality and mutual respect. Who stands up for people to be treated like people. Flaws and all.
I'm done with feeling like an idiot and the worst person for bringing up a subject that people hate. And I'm done with being labelled. I'm done with ostracising myself with one word.
So I'll just go buy a ukelele and be like Amanda Palmer.


Comments
Post a Comment