First Thing In Mind

As I was going to bed
A thought, a memo
stirred in my head
"I must email my lovely
I must let him know
That even a teddy so cuddly
no matter the sew
could never replace him
For he is tenderness renown"
And so from my bed I arose
Sitting at my computer
Once at the screen I froze
For no words would suit him
Despite how carefully I chose
So here I write a poem
One to explain my plight
These words how I know them
Are the blocked hand's delight

But oh how I love you
And oh how I care
Though words are few
It can still end fair
These things that I write
Remind me when I forget
When I'm alone at night
I must never let myself fret

We are doing this together
I'm never alone at heart
We two are birds of a feather
Always right from the start

Comments

  1. That's incredibly cute. I just want to print it out and put it on my wall xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts