No Fear
Rain or shine
Wind or snow
Girlie, I am waiting for you. That's not an exaggeration or a lie. Don't let my recent business worry you.
I realize we don't talk as often, but that's because my schedule is changing. It doesn't help that your internet connection has been really rough the last little while, too.
I'm really glad when you call me with updates about your life. It's fun to remember what Mexico is like. I really envy you for the warm weather you get. Although I mostly enjoy the dry cold. I think snow is beautiful, even though it does make everything look sorta monochrome.
You have no idea how excited I am to see your beautiful face and hear your voice in person.
Look, I need you to get this through your head.
I want to share my world with you.
I grew up in Mexico, I know what it's like. It's beautiful, but right now it's not home. Where I am now is my own little niche in this corner of the world that I really want to introduce you to. I'm not just excited about you visiting because I get to see you, but because finally I'll be taking you on a tour of the people I know here, the places I go and what I do on a regular basis. I've already scoped out some neat areas that I want to take you to visit. There's this one area called Inglewood that I really want to take you to in particular. It's the old side of Calgary. I actually have only driven through there a few times to pick things up for the office, but I'm excited to go there with you to shop. There are tons of antique stores and cute boutiques know you'll love.
There are a couple bakery/tea houses I want to take you to, plus a couple cafes I think you'll like.
I know you'll love Twisted Element, too. And I know you'll get along with everyone I introduce you to.
This is why it's so important to me that you visit.
Please, please, please don't be afraid.
I know it's not easy when you're scared to leave your comfort zone, and it's worse when our communication has been stunted and I've been going through some really unusual mood swings. But they're just moods. I'm not depressed.
AND HOW COULD YOU THINK I CARE FOR YOU LESS?!
Jesus.
C'mon.
We've been through too many years for you to be afraid of that.
Even when I wasn't in a relationship with you I always wanted the best for you. Blah, you know this story.
So point being: I really need you to come. I need you to be here. That week will be wonderful. I promise I'll make it fun for you. Even on work days, I'll ask Spencer to hang out with you when he's off work. He can keep you busy and introduce you to some of his other friends.
I'll try to come home early every now and then, too. But no matter what happens, we'll have a great time.
Don't give up on your travel plans just yet, okay?
Okay.
And I know I haven't said this in a while, but I love you.
It's not that I'm not thinking it, I just want to sound genuine when I say it.
I feel better writing it.
So, as such: I love you.
I do.
Don't be afraid.
I love you.



Comments
Post a Comment