Don't Just

Don't just leave me hangin' on a word
You think I get it, but I can never rest assured
When you leave me dangling by a question mark
I'm left sitting silently alone in the dark
The green turns to gray, and no, it's not okay
It's not fair to leave me wondering the reason why
Our communication has suddenly flat-lined

It's already hard enough
With the borders between you and I
And then on top of that, the conversation dies
I only look away and pretend to rub my eyes
But to be honest I'm burning up inside

Wait a bloody second before calling it quits
It's just another minute before we end the show
I know that you're busy and you really gotta go
But let's end this in agreement
To take a little time
It's not a lot to ask to abide this little rhyme

I'm not being mean, I don't want to start a fight
All I'm saying is don't give up when you see the yellow light
It's just a few more seconds till you're in the green
You can floor the gas, but before you leave the glowing screen
Just say g'night and I'll be sure to see you in my dreams

Comments

Popular Posts