Prove Me Wrong



Write me a letter that I’ll never forget
Write me a letter that will make me regret
That brick by brick I built a high wall
It is millions of words thick and five years tall
Write me a story that shows me your heart
Show me you’re sorry and break it apart

But deep down I believe there’s nothing you could say
Underneath it all, nothing has changed
You color the world with the prettiest lies
You make believe what’s real is a dream in disguise

I can’t even count the number of ways
That I’ve forever erased to the “better days”

All that is left is a dull numbing throb
A wish for freedom from the mass memory mob

But here's a chance, a crack in the mask
Assigned to you is the following task
To write me a letter, write me a song
Make it real, do your best to prove me I'm wrong

Comments

Popular Posts