Endlessly Ambitious
Update!
So, first day of my second week at Sproule. Still not a whole lot to report, just more research abounds while I learn to put the information down into an organized presentation.
Some of the reading I've done has talked about different aspects of the business that require more than just engineers. Which was a bit of a relief. Coming in as one of the few non-engineers was a little intimidating, seeing as most of the team here is mathematically inclined. With the exception of the Admin department consisting of lawyers and accountants.
There's a small part of me that wonders if it wouldn't be a good idea to enroll in some finance courses. Just something basic to give me a platform for easier growth. We'll see how things go once my direct supervisor is back from his trip. If it looks like I'm going to need the training, then I'll go through with it. Heck, maybe even if I don't "need" it, I might take it just for the merit it'll have on its own. It's never a bad idea to learn more.
Then watch me apply to law school, because I can see myself doing that xD We'll see, though. I am considering it with some seriousness. It'd be difficult while working, so I need to consider everything in the long term. I'll look into courses that are available and see if there's anything for part-time students. I figure there must be some programs that are available to people like me.
Anyhoo, I'm glad to be me, with my background and training. Seems like that's what's getting me jobs in the first place. Gotta say it's nice to be bilingual with a fairly strong command of English. I'm starting to realize that quite a few people around here still struggle with your and you're, to and too. Interesting, no?
That's the update for now. We'll see what comes of my days as time goes by.
So, first day of my second week at Sproule. Still not a whole lot to report, just more research abounds while I learn to put the information down into an organized presentation.
Some of the reading I've done has talked about different aspects of the business that require more than just engineers. Which was a bit of a relief. Coming in as one of the few non-engineers was a little intimidating, seeing as most of the team here is mathematically inclined. With the exception of the Admin department consisting of lawyers and accountants.
There's a small part of me that wonders if it wouldn't be a good idea to enroll in some finance courses. Just something basic to give me a platform for easier growth. We'll see how things go once my direct supervisor is back from his trip. If it looks like I'm going to need the training, then I'll go through with it. Heck, maybe even if I don't "need" it, I might take it just for the merit it'll have on its own. It's never a bad idea to learn more.
Then watch me apply to law school, because I can see myself doing that xD We'll see, though. I am considering it with some seriousness. It'd be difficult while working, so I need to consider everything in the long term. I'll look into courses that are available and see if there's anything for part-time students. I figure there must be some programs that are available to people like me.
Anyhoo, I'm glad to be me, with my background and training. Seems like that's what's getting me jobs in the first place. Gotta say it's nice to be bilingual with a fairly strong command of English. I'm starting to realize that quite a few people around here still struggle with your and you're, to and too. Interesting, no?
That's the update for now. We'll see what comes of my days as time goes by.


Comments
Post a Comment