Behind a Smile
Image by Neoyume on Deviantart

Behind a smile there is always a frown
Behind open eyes is a closed soul
After every laugh there is a cry
In every life there is tragedy
None are spared from heart ache
Some never feel happiness
Behind friends hide the lonely
Behind good deeds lie treacherous reasons
Before every truth there is a lie
After every 'yes' there is a 'no'
After every life there is death
But, after every storm there is calm
after tragedy there is comfort
After every smile there comes laugh
After pain there is relief
After death there is peace
Never can we forget the bright side
Always should we remember to smile
Because after every heart-ache there is love
And love overcomes every interruption of happiness
And all this can be remembered
Knowing how fortunate you really are
Don't think about the conflicts
lying behind a smile.
-----------------------
Okay, I don't like it much either, but don't hurt me just yet. I wrote this in 2005, and at the time it meant a lot to me. Now that I've written it here I have to wonder if it really is worth hitting the publish button... Heck, I typed it up, didn't I?

Behind a smile there is always a frown
Behind open eyes is a closed soul
After every laugh there is a cry
In every life there is tragedy
None are spared from heart ache
Some never feel happiness
Behind friends hide the lonely
Behind good deeds lie treacherous reasons
Before every truth there is a lie
After every 'yes' there is a 'no'
After every life there is death
But, after every storm there is calm
after tragedy there is comfort
After every smile there comes laugh
After pain there is relief
After death there is peace
Never can we forget the bright side
Always should we remember to smile
Because after every heart-ache there is love
And love overcomes every interruption of happiness
And all this can be remembered
Knowing how fortunate you really are
Don't think about the conflicts
lying behind a smile.
-----------------------
Okay, I don't like it much either, but don't hurt me just yet. I wrote this in 2005, and at the time it meant a lot to me. Now that I've written it here I have to wonder if it really is worth hitting the publish button... Heck, I typed it up, didn't I?


Comments
Post a Comment