Squandered

Freedom tastes sweeter when it's actually to be enjoyed... Too bad this time it had to be cut off...
Realizing what I had left and what I couldn't see... It all comes back now in faint colors and images. Can't really put my finger on it, it's just floating in and out of my mind's eye. Bouncing from one side to the next and appearing on the opposite side. What next?
Well, let's get a move on, it's time to get this thing on the road. North, South, East or West, it doesn't matter really where we go. As long as we reach our goals in the end.
Catching dishes thrown at me so they don't break, one with my left hand, one with my right, and one between my teeth, what am I? A dog to play fetch with? Or a dejected lover being thrown out?
Life doesn't quite cut it when you put it that way, does it?
Take a look outside, it's raining. It's pouring... Could be a sunny say, or a clear night, but this time it's only rain.
Confused by the lolling of my head round and round... No grounding to reality seems to be at my disposal. What else is new?
The coo coo clock is making a racket again... Of course it doesn't turn off. I don't dare smash it though, there's really no point of course.
So close only I can see it, so obvious no one can tell, so easy it's difficult... It doesn't ever make sense.


Comments
Post a Comment