The Middle Ground


Disclaimer: This image is by deaddays on deviantart.com at http://deaddays.deviantart.com/art/Finding-the-Middle-Ground-1499827

You're laughing again. That's never a good sign.

Oh? Really I'm just happy is all.

You're scratching the back of your head. Another bad sign.

Nah! You're just up tight!

No, you're just in denial.

...

You're laughing again.

No I'm not! Don't roll your eyes at me!

I know all too well that nothing good will come of this.

Relax!

You're the one that's shaking.

Stop it! I'm fine! We're fine!

See what I mean?

No, I don't see. There's nothing to BE seen.

If I had an alarm clock, I'd throw it at you as it was going off. You need a wake up call.

There's no need for that or anything else. Just trust me, alright?

No way. Not the face... Stop it. Admit it already. We're in too deep. Just say it with me...

No.

Come now, say it... one, two, three:

Both: We're in too deep (Defeated tone)

I really screwed up, huh?

Yepp.

Oh ship.

The battle of optimism and cynicism. They found their middle ground.

Comments

Popular Posts