Colors

There was a checkerboard floor with purple and white tile squares. The hallway was long and made the illusion of becoming ever narrower as it traveled seemingly to no end. Along the walls were doors of all shapes, sizes and colors.
The walls were a grass green, and the ceiling was bright orange. Everything was eye-catching and unusual. I didn't bother going down the hallway of endless doors, and instead I turned around and left through a high archway finding myself faced with a ball room made purely of beautiful glass walls that were fashioned in a half-dome. The glass was parted into long windows by silver fashioned expertly in spirals and moon slivers. Outside of this glass dome I saw the wide blue sky with small puffy clouds floating along lazily. And along the horizon grew all kinds of flowers, shrubbery and trees of all colors!
There was a large opening in the glass that served as a doorway. I went through it and onto the patio laid with marble tiles. My short heels clicked over them happily until I was in the plush grass where I could hear the mooshing sounds my shoes made.
My attention was immediately caught by a beautiful butterfly fluttering past me. It's wings were an intricate design that looked like stained glass. In fact, the wings were transparent colors and reflected these along the ground as it flew with the light reflecting through its gorgeous wings.
I followed it skipping along in my knee-length white dress. It was puffy and fun to twirl about in. I wore white stalkings, and my shoes were like a doll's. They were black and shining since I'd polished them earlier that day. My dress was much like a doll's dress: with frills and ribbons. The ribbons in the sleeves and the sash at my waist were a bright pink. The sleeves were made of a soft lace and reached just above my elbows.
As I dashed through the immense gardens, I came to a pond where the water was many different colors. The butterfly flew over it, and I pranced after it. Each step I took across the rainbow water stained a different part of my dress a different color. By the time I was out of the pond, my right shoe was blue, my left was purple, my stalkings were too many colors to describe and the bottom hem of my dress was multicolored as well. I rather liked the change.
So taken was I with the new appearance of my dress that I lost sight to the butterfly I had been chasing. I remembered the rainbow light it had cast across the pond and I sighed wishing I had continued to follow it. However, I was not to be disappointed for long; for soon enough I remembered that there was far more to explore.
I continued my exploration in this colorful garden and found many miraculous and unbelievable things. Two-headed birds, speckled mice, and creatures I cannot even begin to describe. All of which were friendly and also incredibly colorful. It was like walking through a dream.
Soon I came across a stone path and followed it. As I went it led out of the garden and over a hill to a large willow tree with long and full branches hanging around it. I noticed that the daylight had waned and somehow the moon had appeared in the sky without my notice until then. At first I was afraid it would be terribly dark once the sun set completely over the horizon, but when it left the night to its shift, the willow tree glowed with life. I gently pushed some of the sheet of leaves to the side entering the enclosure under the tree. What I saw there I will never forget: There were tiny people with wings, fairies if you will, flitting about. Some sitting on the branches laughing and talking, others swinging from the willow's vines in merriment. When they took notice of me they danced around me like bright fireflies of blues, pinks, greens and purples. They were like little flowers elegantly floating about. They played heavenly music on tiny flutes and harps. We danced late into the night until I fell asleep under the willow's great vines.
When I awoke I was in my bed. I sat up quickly and looked around, but found that it was my house and my familiar surroundings. I sat up and pushed the covers away only to find that I was still in my dress, and that my dress was still stained of many colors. So giddy was I that I jumped out of bed and twirled about in front of my wide window when a colorful reflection caught my eye. There outside on my window sill, gently alighted upon a flower I had planted, was the butterfly with stained glass wings.


Comments
Post a Comment